As Chair of the State Government, Tribal Relations, and Elections Committee and a member of the Ways and Means (Budget) and Early Learning and K-12 Education Committees, I deal with the issues that have the biggest impact on the 22nd District.
My accomplishments include
- Advocating for cost of living allowances (COLAs) and health benefits for state employees and educators;
- Gaining long-denied COLAs for PLAN 1 retirees;
- Passage of the most progressive package of election laws in the nation, laws that ensure access to voting with security and transparency;
- Working for passage of strong environmental laws, including limits on greenhouse gases;
- Continued efforts for adequate funding for our public schools and postsecondary institutions;
- Funding for transportation funding in Thurston County and a feasibility study for passenger ferry service from Olympia to Seattle;
- Advocating family leave for new parents and those with family health emergencies;
- Voting to cap the monthly out-of-pocket expenses for insulin at $100;
- Supporting establishment of the new Office of Equity.
And please vote for Sam Hunt for State Senate. Thank you.